Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Getting Older


by Rick Nason, PhD, CFA
Partner, RSD Solutions Inc.

I am just about finished rereading a book that I bought several years ago.  When I first bought the book and read it, I did not really like it.  It was ok, but no real insight was gained, and it did not stimulate any cool thoughts. 

For some reason that I really cannot state I started re-reading the book last week again.  Why I would re-read a book that I did not particularly like the first time through is an interesting question.  I guess I was bored and too lazy to seek something else better to read at that particular time.

The funny thing is though that I am really enjoying the book this time through.  I am getting a lot of great ideas from it, and find it quite stimulating.  Why?  I have no idea other than the fact that I am now about 10 years older.  Does that mean that I am also 10 years wiser and thus more able to appreciate things that I glossed over before?  Or does it mean that I have forgotten so much that virtually everything is new and exciting for me as if I am seeing it for the very first time?

No comments: