Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Regulation 2

by Rick Nason, PhD, CFA

Partner, RSD Solutions Inc.

www.RSDsolutions.com

info@RSDsolutions.com

 

I love cartoons.  I think they are often brilliant, conveying a message in a minimum of words, with a synergy of a minimalist drawing.  I envy cartoonist for their insight and their ability to uniquely and creatively convey that insight.  One cartoon I read every morning is Ted Goff, the business cartoonist.  Fortunately the university I work for subscribes to a daily Ted Goff cartoon.

 

A Goff cartoon last week showed two business professionals, one supposedly a risk manager, and one a senior manager having an office conversation.  The risk manager states, “We’re in full compliance with all of the contradictory and illogical regulations, but not with the absurd and pointless regulations.” 

 

I don’t think I really need to comment on this – or do I?

No comments: