Friday, July 6, 2012

Japanese Culture

by Rick Nason, PhD, CFA

Partner, RSD Solutions Inc.

www.RSDsolutions.com

info@RSDsolutions.com

  

I just got back from a short trip to Tokyo.  I enjoyed my brief visit to the city and look forward to returning.  Interestingly enough the report on the Fukushima nuclear crisis was released a few days after my return.  The headline for my local paper read “Culture to Blame” as the lead in to the article.

 

There are many causes and catalysts for what happened at the Fukushima nuclear power plant.  There always are a plethora of issues when a major accident like that happens.  However it should never be news or a surprise when culture plays a role.  Culture almost always plays a significant role in risk management, for better or for worse.

No comments: