Thursday, September 13, 2012

Meaning of Life

by Rick Nason, PhD, CFA

Partner, RSD Solutions Inc.

www.RSDsolutions.com

info@RSDsolutions.com

 

 

I like George Carlin.  He was one of my favorite comedians.  His ability to bring out the absurdities of life in that goofy way of his rarely failed to bring a smile to my face.  And yes, I will freely admit to listening to the “Dirty Words” album that we borrowed from a friend’s older sister.  (The humour of it was quite different when you were in grade 7.)

 

One of the great skits of George Carlin was on the meaning of life and his quote “Just when I found out the meaning of life they changed it”.  It is a funny line, but it is also quite true.  Life evolves, as do organizations.  Just when you think you have figured something out you realize that it has evolved, it has changed.  It is a fact of life and a fact of organizations.  Something we need to keep in mind as risk managers.

No comments: