Friday, June 14, 2013

You Get The Idea

*/By Rick Nason, PhD, CFA
Partner, RSD Solutions Inc./*

In my previous blog, titled "Inspiration", I quoted Einstein.  Here is
exactly what I wrote.

… but as Einstein said, "the same thinking that created a problem cannot
solve the problem" … (or he said something like that …)

This of course is not the exact quote.  According to BrainyQuote.com, the
exact quote is "We can't solve our problems with the same thinking we
used when we created them."  I was obviously off with my quote – but did
it really matter?  You got the idea didn't you?

Too often we sacrifice getting an idea across for exact correctness.  We
spend all of our time making sure that all of the i's are dotted and t's
are crossed, and by the time that is done the time for the idea has passed. 
The previous sentence was poorly worded, but you get the idea.

No comments: