Friday, November 22, 2013

Flat battery

*/By Stephen McPhie, CA
Partner, RSD Solutions Inc./*

*/Follow us on Twitter/* [1]

I have an old second car that has not been used for quite some time sitting
in the garage.  My main car sits outside and was covered with a thick layer
of ice this morning.  Faced with the school run, I decided to use the
relatively warm and ice free old car in the garage, kept just for such
situations.  Inserting the key in the ignition I heard the dreaded click and
nothing more.  So it was a lot of scraping, frozen hands and a cold drive to
my daughter's school in the outside car.  I had been comfortable with the
fact that I had a back up system, and ignorant to the fact that it was not
working due to neglect.

In your business, do you feel comfortable that you have adequate back up
plans and systems for when unexpected events occur?  Do you constantly
review and test such plans and systems to ensure they are fit for purpose?


[1] https://twitter.com/rsdsolutions

No comments: